Thursday, March 29, 2007

Richard Jeni 1957-2007


There probably aren't too many people I know that would be able to pick out Richard Jeni in a group. But, I watched a lot of HBO when I was young. And I watched a great many one hour stand-up specials. And while many of the jokes were over my head, their were some comedians that I understood most of their material. Even though I was innocent to the sexual material, I got the toilet humor. And Richard Jeni's Platypus Man show imprinted itself on me. It is one of the great many things I saw as a kid, that I probably shouldn't have, that has shaped me into the person that I am. Now, while his last special on HBO was nothing special, it also wasn't anything to go feeding yourself a shotgun shell over. But, alas, that is how he decided to address his problems.

Richard Jeni's Wiki page
RichardJeni.com