Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Are You A Gospel Singer? Probably Not.

But, if you are, Gospel Dream 2005 wants you. But not in a sexual way. It is a new show on the brand spanking (also not in a sexual way) channel, The Gospel Music Channel. I can't fucking wait. It is described as being American Idol-esque by just about every christian news source. Which is like, two christian news sources. I don't really read christian news sources, ever. If I did, I probably wouldn't think the following is funny. The show's host will be a "christian stand-up comedian". That is not actually a joke. It is exactly like American Idol with judges and all that. If I have to explain the concept, then just put the tin foil hat back on and fuck off.

"So you'll be the show's version of Simon Cowell?"-NYT

"No. 'American Idol' has Simon. 'Gospel Dream' has Satan". - Jonathan Slocumb (the host)

Indeed. Satan. "Brother Satan is always going to be around somewhere", said Slocumb (un-intended funny name I'm sure). Call or whatever your local cable provider to get this channel. I already did. I don't hate America, just americans.

Link to article